This is a slideshow of a copybook
a teacher who used work in the school gave us.
Mrs. McGloin has now retired.
These photos show samples of needlework.
She had this copy in college,
when she was learning how to teach.
We do not learn needlework in school these days.
Can you guess how old Teddy is?
This is a reader from 1934.
How is it different from the readers we used today?
The children in the infants classes in our school
used wear a smock like this one to protect their clothes.
Grandparents may remember writing on a small blackboard
with a stick of chalk instead of using a copybook.
Children used play hopscotch using an empty polish tin.
The History Corner is an interesting place to visit.
The convent was built in 1906.
In 2015 the convent was sold to the Department of Education.
There are plans to use the convent to give us more room in which to learn and to play.
In 2013, while an extension was being build to the school,
a number of classes went back in time and went to school in the convent.
Click below to see…